This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Sources and Page References

If this seems an obvious question, my apologies; I'm a newbie and I'm struggling a bit with how to deal with sources. (The ReunionTalk message boards and various macgenealogist videos on youtube have been very illuminating, but I haven't come across any references to my particular concern.)

I have a book with several published pedigrees I want to breakdown and include in my family tree. For the first entry, I made the book an automatic source with a reference to page 15.

If I use the same document as an automatic source for another entry and change the page reference, it changes the page reference in the previous entry, etc.

Should I just not include page references with automatic sources (perhaps putting them in the notes field?) or is there a way that I can have the same document as an automatic source for multiple entries yet with different page references?

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Automatic Sources and Page References

In this situation, I have made the book the source, and when I cite the source in the person record, I use the source detail field for the page number. The detail field can take unique data for each use of the source.
    Last edited by ttl; 03 April 2012, 07:38 PM.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: Automatic Sources and Page References

ttl, you are awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. That is exactly the information I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
      X