Unable to import Gedcom into new family file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to import Gedcom into new family file

I created a new family file in Reunion 12 and started importing a Gedcom of about 8000 names but in the end no names appear in the the family file. What am I doing wrong? The process shows it is analyzing and linking. Frustrating, as I have spent several hours on this trying it over and over again.

Susanne

Re: Unable to import Gedcom into new family file

Most likely you aren't doing anything wrong - this sounds like a problem with the GEDCOM file. If you're willing to email us the GEDCOM we can take a look at it here and see if we can determine why it isn't importing properly.

If you prefer not to email us the GEDCOM, let me know where the GEDCOM was exported from (e.g. what website or genealogy application).

Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Most likely you aren't doing anything wrong - this sounds like a problem with the GEDCOM file. If you're willing to email us the GEDCOM we can take a look at it here and see if we can determine why it isn't importing properly.

If you prefer not to email us the GEDCOM, let me know where the GEDCOM was exported from (e.g. what website or genealogy application).

Thanks,
      Thank you, Mark. Where do I send the Gedcom? Or should I send the zip file, or both?

Susanne

Comment

Originally posted by sweeneysb View Post
        Where do I send the Gedcom?
        You should send it to help@leisterpro.com, our technical support email address.

Originally posted by sweeneysb View Post
        Or should I send the zip file, or both?
        For now, I think the GEDCOM will do.

Thanks,
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          You should send it to help@leisterpro.com, our technical support email address.

For now, I think the GEDCOM will do.

Thanks,
          Thank you, will send it.

Comment

Working...
          X