Viewing images in Reunion multimedia viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing images in Reunion multimedia viewer

When I show items I've cropped outside Reunion in the multimedia viewer, the image is not the same as I see it outside Reunion. I've attached a an obituary that I just cropped. The first attachment shows the obituary as I cropped it. The second shows the same image as seen in the multimedia viewer. Don't know why this is happening. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Files

Re: Viewing images in Reunion multimedia viewer

Originally posted by bbullock View Post
    When I show items I've cropped outside Reunion in the multimedia viewer, the image is not the same as I see it outside Reunion. I've attached a an obituary that I just cropped. The first attachment shows the obituary as I cropped it. The second shows the same image as seen in the multimedia viewer. Don't know why this is happening. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Bob
    Why not import the original and crop within Reunion?
    Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
    Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

Good idea! Please remember that you are not actually cropping in Reunion. e.g. the entire original photo stays. What you are actually doing is creating a window to show what you want to show and the rest of the photo is masked from being displayed. In normal cropping, the excess would actually be gone.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by kyuck View Post
        Why not import the original and crop within Reunion?
        Good idea. However, when I load the full newspaper page pdf, i don't see the crop tool as one of my options. Not sure why.

Bob

Comment

See this from the manual: Document files linked to people and families have limitations compared to image files. For example, a "preferred" picture must be an image file (such as a JPEG, PNG, or PDF file) and can't be a document file (such as an RTF or Text file). Document files will not appear in ReunionTouch on your devices. (You'll find this under "Treat as Document" if you want to read up on the subject.) By any chance, does this answer the question? If not, we keep working....
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
            See this from the manual: Document files linked to people and families have limitations compared to image files. For example, a "preferred" picture must be an image file (such as a JPEG, PNG, or PDF file) and can't be a document file (such as an RTF or Text file). Document files will not appear in ReunionTouch on your devices. (You'll find this under "Treat as Document" if you want to read up on the subject.) By any chance, does this answer the question? If not, we keep working....
            The newspaper page was a PDF file. I also tried a PNG file. No luck. I sent this question to the help desk at Leister.

Bob

Comment

Working...
            X