Book query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book query

I am trying to produce a descendant book from my 3 x great grandfather for relations who live in America.

It appears to include only a few items from the Reunion file - birth, death & marriage details, notes and children.

I want it to include other items such as baptisms, probate, cause of death, occupations etc., but can't find the method of doing so - I assume there is a way, otherwise you will only get a "part" book.

Help!

Re: Book query

Originally posted by David Ingleby View Post
    I want it to include other items such as baptisms, probate, cause of death, occupations etc., but can't find the method of doing so - I assume there is a way...
    Yes. The other fields can be selected in the report layout window. I.e., after choosing Reports > Book and selecting the type of book, select "Define Layouts" from the "Layout" menu. (Note: you will probably see "Default" currently in the "Layout" menu. Click on "Default" and select "Define Layouts.")

Next, under "Settings" in the layout window, click on "Person Fields," if it is not already selected. Then, in the column to the right, check the boxes for each of the fields you want to be included in your book.

After selecting the appropriate fields, click the "Apply to Spouse Fields" button at the top.

Then, click on "Family Fields" under "Settings" and check all of the boxes for the appropriate family fields.

Repeat this process for each of the items under "Settings."

Finally, click "Save" and create the book project.

Additional information about defining a report layout can be found in your manual by searching for "define report layout." To access the manual, choose Help -> Contents.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Book query

Many thanks Deb - just the job!

Comment

Working...
      X