Unused Source numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unused Source numbers

I seem to have closed a couple of new sources while they were empty, and they are not saved, thus leaving gaps in the numerical series, which I'd have thought should be impossible.

Is there any way to use these missing numbers? It does not matter to me, as far as I can see, if the number and date order for their creation is different.

Cheers, Colin

Re: Unused Source numbers

I haven't used Reunion 12 (only 11, so this may be treated differently) but if you add a new source, it will assign it the lowest available source number. Once you add enough sources, there should be no more gaps in the source number series. Gaps can also appear after merging two sources that are the same.
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Sorry, only just seen your as I did not click on the email box.

What you say seems to have happened [I now have no blanks], but oddly did not happen immediately, ie when I posted there were a couple of unused refs followed by newer ones.

Thanks,

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colinc View Post
        Sorry, only just seen your as I did not click on the email box.

What you say seems to have happened [I now have no blanks], but oddly did not happen immediately, ie when I posted there were a couple of unused refs followed by newer ones.
        This what you will see immediately after the sources are deleted. At that point, there will be gaps in the source numbers when seen in the list.

As you continue to work with your file and add new sources, the new ones will be tagged in order with the missing numbers, until the gaps are filled.

Hope this helps.
        John Bastin
        jbastin1@me.com
        Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher
        Mac OS X 10.13.4, Reunion 12.0 (Build 180502) 64-bit

Comment

Working...
        X