Miscellaneous events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miscellaneous events

When moving from Reunion 11 to 12 I've just noticed that Misc. Events have changed how they are handled. In 11 it was a misc. event and you input the type (and in the person box it was listed as 'Misc: <type>') and in the popup box where you added an event the only events were those defined by Reunion. Now in 12 all those events of that type that came over from 11 have the type that you input (i.e. <type> without any Misc: in front) and the <type> now appears in the popup box. I have lots of different types of Misc Events from 11 (e.g. Misc: School, Misc: Acquired Land) and they ALL now appear in the popup window (including some that are properly better handled with an in built standard event) which means when adding a new event I now need to scroll through a list of literally 100's of events (rather than the 10's in Reunion 11). Other than the obvious of going through an re-entering the events coming over from 11 does anybody have an suggestions of how to handle trim the number of events in the events popup box.

Re: Miscellaneous events

Originally posted by garrywillgoose View Post
    When moving from Reunion 11 to 12 I've just noticed that Misc. Events have changed how they are handled. In 11 it was a misc. event and you input the type (and in the person box it was listed as 'Misc: <type>') and in the popup box where you added an event the only events were those defined by Reunion. Now in 12 all those events of that type that came over from 11 have the type that you input (i.e. <type> without any Misc: in front) and the <type> now appears in the popup box. I have lots of different types of Misc Events from 11 (e.g. Misc: School, Misc: Acquired Land) and they ALL now appear in the popup window (including some that are properly better handled with an in built standard event) which means when adding a new event I now need to scroll through a list of literally 100's of events (rather than the 10's in Reunion 11). Other than the obvious of going through an re-entering the events coming over from 11 does anybody have an suggestions of how to handle trim the number of events in the events popup box.
    I have a similar problem. All the misc events now have a question mark in the event box. Before there were all these misc events, which I had assumed came in a gedcom transfer from Legacy when I got a Mac 8 years ago (but I'm really not sure). Most are census records, but there are others too. I didn't like the Misc Event tag, but I REALLY don't like the question marks!

Comment

Working...
    X