Upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading

I upgraded from Reunion 10 to Reunion 12 the other day. I now seem to have lost all my notes and some of the multimedia link also are not working. What have I done wrong or is it not possible for the upgrade to have caused these problems? Any help appreciated. Regards Barry (I thought I posted this earlier but not appearing - also this is my first post to ReunionTalk)

Re: Upgrading

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    I upgraded from Reunion 10 to Reunion 12 the other day. I now seem to have lost all my notes and some of the multimedia link also are not working. What have I done wrong or is it not possible for the upgrade to have caused these problems? Any help appreciated. Regards Barry (I thought I posted this earlier but not appearing - also this is my first post to ReunionTalk)
    Not sure this is the answer, but the way to upgrade an R10 file is to open Reunion 12 and then open the Reunion 10 file. (Or drag your R10 file over to the R12 icon and drop it.) You can then name the file and click the "Convert" button. Is that the way you did it? Other people have tried other things and had problems.

It is possible that R12 won't be able to find some of your R10 file multimedia links if the files are in a strange place, but it's easy to fix this.

You should not be losing notes, though. (One way you might lose notes is if you tried to upgrad by producing a GEDCOM in R10 and importing it in R12, and forgetting to include the notes in the GEDCOM).
    Last edited by Dennis J. Cunniff; 21 February 2018, 11:54 PM.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      Not sure this is the answer, but the way to upgrade an R10 file is to open Reunion 12 and then open the Reunion 10 file. (Or drag your R10 file over to the R12 icon and drop it.) You can then name the file and click the "Convert" button. Is that the way you did it? Other people have tried other things and had problems.

It is possible that R12 won't be able to find some of your R10 file multimedia links if the files are in a strange place, but it's easy to fix this.

You should not be losing notes, though. (One way you might lose notes is if you tried to upgrad by producing a GEDCOM in R10 and importing it in R12, and forgetting to include the notes in the GEDCOM).
      Thanks Dennis - will give all that a try when I get a moment. Thanks very much. Regards Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post

Thanks! After trying for days to upgrade to 12, carefully following directions but never getting a convert box...I tried dragging the files. It worked! I haven't checked that all is present but am happy to have some files converted.

Comment

Working...
        X