PDFs & Webcards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDFs & Webcards

This is related to another post in which I expressed some frustration with the way that Reunion scales my images.

I suspect the same thing is happening here - but I hope I am wrong. It seems that the settings that I carefully create when I create my PDF's for documents are removed when output to web project. For example - I set an "initial view" magnification setting because many of my scans are really large and look ridiculous at 100%. Same with scans that are a bit small- it looks like Reunion is scaling them to fit the page. Makes it incredibly hard to read.

Please tell me I am doing something wrong- maybe missing a setting or something?
    Last edited by eventide; 17 February 2018, 12:13 PM.

Re: PDFs & Webcards

Giving this a bump since I haven't seen any responses.

Does anyone know of a work-around?

If not, I'd like to suggest that for a future release that perhaps it can be possible to leave PDFs as created ( along with the naming conventions). it would make it such a better user experience on the front-end and also make a lot much easier to update the web project when you update the PDF.

Comment

While I don't know the specific answer to your question because I'm not familiar with the concept of setting an initial view magnification. Been playing with both HTML and graphic apps for many years but that's new to me. (Note: I'm not expert with either type of app; just an educated amateur.)

The thought that crosses my mind is to ask you if you have resized the documents. Just throwing that out there as that is the approach I might take. Maybe my response will get a conversation going here.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

I'm inserting images into the PDF's as is. Initial view is a setting in Acrobat that can force a zoom level when the user first opens it. So I can set a magnification level of 25% or 100% or fit to page.

This way if you have a really large image you can set the "initial view" for example at fit to page. The user can then view it at a manageable magnification and zoom in and out as they see fit.

But.... the setting seems to get lost after generating a web project because Reunion is (or seems to be) creating new files from the PDFs already created and also renames them- instead of using the ones that I created in the first place. Does the same for images too.

Was hoping i missed a setting or something - but I don't think so after playing with it more.

Comment

Originally posted by eventide View Post
          .......Was hoping i missed a setting or something - but I don't think so after playing with it more.
          Not necessarily. It could be something outside of Reunion. Hopefully, someone that knows more about this will chime in. I am also curious.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
          X