Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to collect media into one folder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to collect media into one folder?

Just upgraded to Reunion 12. In the past I had used Aperture for storing photos. Then moved to the new Photos App, after which I had some updating to do to get all the links fixed. This is now done, and was pretty straight forward to accomplish.

The trouble now, is that I have a lot of photos which are not actually used in Reunion, but still exist in the Reunion folder.

My Question:
    Is it possible to have Reunion 12 collect all the media and move it to a new single folder? this would in essence leave behind the old unused photo's, and result in a smaller collection of images in that folder.

Re: Possible to collect media into one folder?

I don't know if Reunion can do it for you, but I have a folder names "Reunion Pics" in my Google Drive (so I know there's an additional backup in the cloud in addition to my TimeMachine) where I direct the Reunion program to search for my media (Reunion in the title bar, then preferences, then multimedia, then + and navigate to the correct folder).

I also have subfolders for each (main) surname, one for censuses (and substitutes like tax lists), and one for genealogical maps.

I hope this helps!
    Bradley Jansen
    OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Comment

Re: Possible to collect media into one folder?

Originally posted by outofcontrol View Post
      Is it possible to have Reunion 12 collect all the media and move it to a new single folder? this would in essence leave behind the old unused photo's, and result in a smaller collection of images in that folder.
      If you generate a Multimedia Usage Report, and click on the little hammer ("Tools") icon, there is an option to "Copy files to new folder" which will copy all the files in the report (which should be all the files you've used within a single family file) to a folder which you designate. (This is a copy, not a move, though: the file also remains in the original folder. So you'd have to do a compare folders with some other utility to actually remove them from the old folder.)

You can get more details by searching help for "Multimedia Usage Report Tools".
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
      X