Delays in adding family members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delays in adding family members

I am new to using Reunion 12 but have been using reunion for many years. I have a fairly large file with close to 100,000 individuals and many multi-media files attached.

When I add a new person to Reunion 12 I get about a five second delay with each person. I have tried adding with the shortcut nw/nh nwf nwm so on. I have also tried adding by opening a new family card to add. Both ways gives me the same delay.

Any thoughts?

Cassy Sommers

Re: Delays in adding family members

Originally posted by foe3643 View Post
    I am new to using Reunion 12 but have been using reunion for many years. I have a fairly large file with close to 100,000 individuals and many multi-media files attached.
    There will be a delay in a large file if you do not turn off Duplicate Checking. (See manual under "Turning Duplicate Checking On or Off".)

There will also be a delay in a large file if the sidebar (on the right) is open and is showing "Marked People". This goes away if you close the sidebar or set it to show all people.

There may also be a delay in large files if you do not turn off Reunion's setting to "Identify relationships 'on the fly'). You can find this option by setting the sidebar to "Relatives", and clicking the "Change" button.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
    X