Geocode error...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geocode error...

I searched for this error but couldn't find anything related to it-I searched 'geocode error'. So here goes...

I am running the latest Reunion software (12.0, build 80122) and sometimes when I go to get the geocodes for a new location a message pops up that I have exceeded my daily limit, com back later or something to that effect. It could be the first location I am tagging and I still get that message. Sometimes I can do it, no problem but it seems very hit or miss. I can't be the only one that gets this message.

Thanks, Judy
    2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

Re: Geocode error...

Originally posted by mrstucci View Post
    I searched for this error but couldn't find anything related to it-I searched 'geocode error'. So here goes...

I am running the latest Reunion software (12.0, build 80122) and sometimes when I go to get the geocodes for a new location a message pops up that I have exceeded my daily limit, com back later or something to that effect. It could be the first location I am tagging and I still get that message. Sometimes I can do it, no problem but it seems very hit or miss. I can't be the only one that gets this message.

Thanks, Judy
    Yes, it's definitely come up here before, despite the fact that search doesn't find it. As I recall, it is an error message generated by Google, not by Reunion. Google has some algorithm that figures out how many requests it's gotten from you, and it doesn't work well. Google may "think" you've made more requests than you actually have if others with the same (or similar?) IPs have made those requests.

Essentially, really the only thing to do is to come back later.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      Yes, it's definitely come up here before, despite the fact that search doesn't find it. As I recall, it is an error message generated by Google, not by Reunion. Google has some algorithm that figures out how many requests it's gotten from you, and it doesn't work well. Google may "think" you've made more requests than you actually have if others with the same (or similar?) IPs have made those requests.

Essentially, really the only thing to do is to come back later.
      FYI the previously referenced thread is here -->
      Byron Spoon

Comment

Originally posted by ByronSpoon View Post
        FYI the previously referenced thread is here -->
        http://www.reuniontalk.com/showthread.php?t=12010
        Thanks. I was searching for geocodes, not geotags, so I missed it.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

I experience the same problem. What frequently helps is to select Locations in the left bottom column (not sure what the name is in English because I use a Dutch version), and then select the location of interest in the right column. Then search your coordinates.

Comment

Working...
          X