Age field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age field

I just entered 10 children for a couple and gave a year for birth date based on census information. I have not yet entered dates of death. One child shows nothing in the Age field; but the rest show variable ages as if they are alive now. I don't know how to change this--the manual says no date for age should be shown if no death date is shown....?

Maybe it's because I'm entering people born in the 1900s so the system thinks they must be alive now...?

Re: Age field

Originally posted by LindaS View Post
    ...Maybe it's because I'm entering people born in the 1900s so the system thinks they must be alive now...?
    That's correct. Reunion is considering these people living because you haven't entered a death date and their calculated age is less than the preference set for "living age." Thus their age, if they were alive today, appears in the family view. See Reunion > Preferences > Dates > Feasibility Checking.

In cases where somebody was born, let's say, in 1940 and you know they're no longer living but you don't know the death date, you could put a ? in the date field. That would preclude Reunion from calculating an "age" for the person and showing it in the family view.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Age field

Personally, if I know that they have died, I enter 'Died' in the death field. A '?' means, to me, that you are not sure.

I believe that Reunion, by default, uses 110 in considering 'living' As Frank suggested, that can be changed in preferences.
      rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Working...
      X