Live links in a Book .pdf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live links in a Book .pdf

A useful feature in a Book .pdf is the "live link" that allows you to click on a name and jump to later pages where the same name is used. I also use it to click on a footnote number and jump to its source. After viewing a source, how do I get back to where I came from without manually scrolling up and finding where I left off?
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Re: Live links in a Book .pdf

Originally posted by thomprod View Post
    A useful feature in a Book .pdf is the "live link" that allows you to click on a name and jump to later pages where the same name is used. I also use it to click on a footnote number and jump to its source. After viewing a source, how do I get back to where I came from without manually scrolling up and finding where I left off?
    When you are in the PDF version of the book press Command-[ (or choose Go -> Back) to go back without scrolling.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      When you are in the PDF version of the book press Command-[ (or choose Go -> Back) to go back without scrolling.
      This seems to be available only when the .pdf is opened in the Preview application on a Mac. Is there a similar feature when the .pdf is opened using Adobe Acrobat Reader? What about if it's opened on a PC rather than on a Mac?
      Steve Thomas
      iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Originally posted by thomprod View Post
        This seems to be available only when the .pdf is opened in the Preview application on a Mac. Is there a similar feature when the .pdf is opened using Adobe Acrobat Reader? What about if it's opened on a PC rather than on a Mac?
        Found it under Page Navigation. The keyboard shortcut is <command>+<left arrow> to go back to the previous view when a Book .pdf is open in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
        Last edited by thomprod; 29 January 2018, 04:24 PM.
        Steve Thomas

Comment

Working...
        X