Seeing Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing Notes

I generally put all my notes in the main screen - Note. However, for some people, I do use other ones - Medical/Military/Custom. Is there a way to know if the person has other notes except by opening the main note and checking the list on the left side? I see that family notes have an icon by marriage information.

Thanks,
    Helen

Re: Seeing Notes

Originally posted by Helen Russell View Post
    I generally put all my notes in the main screen - Note. However, for some people, I do use other ones - Medical/Military/Custom. Is there a way to know if the person has other notes except by opening the main note and checking the list on the left side?
    One option would be to assign a flag to each person who has information in those other note fields. I created a flag for this and called it "Other Notes." Then, I displayed the Flags field on the family view. I took this one step further by assigning a color tag to those people who have the "Other Notes" flag assigned to them. See the attached file called "Color Tag and Other Notes Flag on family view."

Another option would be to only use Flags. See the file called "Other Notes Flags on family view."

And, finally, you could make use of the Flags and color tags without displaying the Flags on the family view. See the attached file called "Color Tag on Family View."

If you would rather just make use of color tags, and you forget what that color tag represents, click directly on the color tag displayed on the family view to see what it represents. See the attached file called "Color Tag Information window."

Information about assigning flags, displaying them on the family view, and a setting color tag for a flag can be found in your manual by searching for "define flag," "display flag," and "flags tags," respectively. To access your manual, open your family file and choose Help -> Contents.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Attached Files
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X