URL code changed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URL code changed??

Using Reunion 11.0.11 with macOS Sierra 10.13.2 on a MBP 2015.

Find-A-Grave links in Notes fields seem not to work now. I don't know when this problem began. I searched RT for 'link failure' and got no hits. I interpret Reunion Help to say it should work.

The crux: if the URL contains a "?", that character gets expressed or tranferred to Safari as "%3F", and the link fails.

For example, select link text from an FAG page (I use Safari), paste into a Reunion Note field. (It shows the named individual, in this case.) Close the note and return to Family View.

Open the Note, hover over displayed link and control-click -> Edit... The Edit field displays the URL correctly, containing a "?". E.g., "https://secure.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=90903071"

If copied from the Edit window, the text is unchanged when pasted into Text Edit or Safari.

But cancel the edit; then any of the following three actions replace the "?":
    - click on the link to open it; the Safari page opens with "?" replaced by "%3F".
    - control-click ->Open produces the same result;
    - control-click -> copy, then paste into Text Edit or Safari and "?" is replaced by "%3F".

If a URL is copied from the Safari address bar and pasted into the note field, the text displayed in the Note field is no longer the individual's name, it's the link, and it's displayed correct - it has the "?". But as described above, click to Open, control click -> Open, or control-click -> Copy and "?" is replaced with "%3F".

There are too many combinations and permutations to test them all, but I hope this is sufficient. What have I overlooked? Is there a setting to change that will fix this?

Thanks for any input!!

-Paul Reitz
    -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
    MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
    MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

Re: URL code changed??

Hi Paul,

Please download and install the latest update to Reunion 11, 11.0.12:

The update addresses this issue. If you still see the issue after updating, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: URL code changed??

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Hi Paul,

Please download and install the latest update to Reunion 11, 11.0.12:

The update addresses this issue. If you still see the issue after updating, please let us know.

Thanks,
      I spoke with Mark 1/5/2018; I am using 11.0.12. There's a plan to diagnose this, so stay tuned.....
      -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
      MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
      MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

Comment

Working...
      X