System update required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System update required

This is more of a technical question, but I hope someone can advise me.

I need Mac OS version 10.7 or higher to upgrade to Reunion 12, but I have version 10.6.8. Easy, I thought, just update. So I ran the update, and got a message saying I AM up-to-date.

What now?

Re: System update required

You need to open the "App Store" app, or select App Store from the Apple menu to be able to upgrade to 10.7.

Take a look at this page

Learn more about how to upgrade to macOS Ventura. Upgrading to Ventura helps you get more done, collaborate in your favorite apps, and take advantage of your other devices. You also get the latest security and privacy protections when you upgrade.

and this page

Find answers with millions of other Apple users in our vibrant community. Search discussions or ask a question about your product.

To see what options you might have. How far you can upgrade (if at all even) will depend on what model Macintosh you have.

Roger
    Roger Moffat
    http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
    http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Thanks for that Roger. I will have alook at these links after lunch!

Comment

Originally posted by theKiwi View Post
        You need to open the "App Store" app, or select App Store from the Apple menu to be able to upgrade to 10.7.

skip

To see what options you might have. How far you can upgrade (if at all even) will depend on what model Macintosh you have.

Roger
        Hello all,
        I wish it would be so easy.
        I am in the same position as jeanffrench. I had OS 10.6.8 on both of my computers.

The only choice I had to upgrade was installing High Sierra. But it is not possible due to their old age.
        It took me a lot of efforts to be able to find El Capitan. I installed it on my iMac and it's running fine now (10.11.6).
        However, I was told not to use it on my MacBook Pro and instead to update to Mavericks (10.9). Again I can't get the dmg file. Every time I ask for an update on Applestore I'm directed to High Sierra before I get the information that it is not usable on the machine.

So, if somebody has suggestion, it will be appreciated.
        Incidently, I need French versions.
        Maurice Mézière
        Reunion 12
        MacBook Air 1,6GHz 10.14.6
        iMac 24" 3GHz 10.11.6
        ReunionTouch on iPad

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Mézière View Post
          However, I was told not to use it on my MacBook Pro and instead to update to Mavericks (10.9). Again I can't get the dmg file. Every time I ask for an update on Applestore I'm directed to High Sierra before I get the information that it is not usable on the machine.
          Apple state that OS 10.9 (Mavericks) and OS 10.10 (Yosemite) are no longer available, that both were discontinued because any Mac that could run OS 10.9 or OS 10.10 can also run OS 10.11 (El Capitan).

Comment

Maurice,

Try this link: https://support.apple.com/fr_FR/downloads

Mervyn

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Goring View Post
              Apple state that OS 10.9 (Mavericks) and OS 10.10 (Yosemite) are no longer available, that both were discontinued because any Mac that could run OS 10.9 or OS 10.10 can also run OS 10.11 (El Capitan).
              Hello Tony,

Thanks for your message.
              I'll rely on the person who told me to stick to Mavericks and see what happens.
              Maurice Mézière
              Reunion 12
              iMac 24" 3GHz 10.11.6
              ReunionTouch on iPad

Comment

Originally posted by mjashby View Post
                Hello Mervyn,
                I suppose this is the place where I eventually find El Capitan.
                I'm affraid there are only Mavericks updates starting from 10.9.1

Thanks to you and to everybody that helped me.
                Maurice
                Maurice Mézière
                Reunion 12
                iMac 24" 3GHz 10.11.6
                ReunionTouch on iPad

Comment

I recently updated my Dads MacBook Pro from Lion to High Sierra.

Your first port of call if you don’t know what your doing, should always be Apple Support. You do not need to purchase Apple Care for upgrading an old Mac.

When I contacted them online, I indicated that I wished to upgrade and I booked for them to call me ASAP.

They called promptly and walked me through it, firstly upgrading to El Capitan and then High Sierra. (Couldn’t do it straight up) Whenever I got stuck I booked another call, using the original job number, and they rang me immediately.

They were wonderful.

My Dad now has a fully up to date computer, it’s been a bit of a learning curve for him (he’s 80) but after a couple of lessons from me he’s off and running. 😄

Hope this helps

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by suzivegemite View Post

Your first port of call if you don’t know what your doing, should always be Apple Support. You do not need to purchase Apple Care for upgrading an old Mac.

Sue
                    Thanks for this.
                    I'll have a go, next year
                    Maurice Mézière
                    Reunion 12
                    iMac 24" 3GHz 10.11.6
                    ReunionTouch on iPad

Comment

Working...
                    X