Reunion 10 won't open after upgrading to macOS High Sierra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 10 won't open after upgrading to macOS High Sierra

I recently had a motherboard die, replaced MacBook Pro (2010 model) with a slightly newer (2012) refurbished model, replaced the new hard drive with my old (still working fine) hard drive, everything works exactly as before except I can't open Reunion 10. After glancing through the forum I suspect it's because I upgraded the system software when setting up the new computer. I can't upgrade Reunion just yet as I need to sync Reunion for iPad and iPhone to Reunion 10 as I used my phone & iPad apps while my computer was not working. If I try to open Reunion, it appears to open but never finds the Family Files, won't even ask which one I want to open (I have more than one). When I quit, it says it didn't quit correctly and brings up a crash report. Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Charlotte

Re: Reunion 10 won't open after upgrading to macOS High Sierra

This sounds like it could be a problem introduced in High Sierra related to having children buttons shown in a list.

There are two ways to resolve the issue...

1. Change the settings so children aren’t shown in a list. Note that this will require a Mac that is not running High Sierra - if you don't have a Mac with an older version of macOS installed, you can send the file to us and we'll make the change:

2. Or, upgrade to our latest version, Reunion 12, which circumvents the problem:

Reunion 12 has more than 80 new features (on top of the 75 or so added in 11), outlined here:

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X