Choosing a Family File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing a Family File

I only have one Family File and it is located in the Reunion Files folder in my Dropbox. Occasionally, when I open Reunion on my MacBook, it asks me to select a Family file. Why should I have to do this if there is only one file?
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Re: Choosing a Family File

Firstly, you only have to put your family file into Dropbox--without it being in a folder.
    (That is assuming you also use Reunion Touch--otherwise, no need for Dropbox at all)

Secondly, you should be opening the family file, not Reunion itself.

I find it convenient to add an alias of my family file(s) to the dock and open from there.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
      Firstly, you only have to put your family file into Dropbox--without it being in a folder.
      (That is assuming you also use Reunion Touch--otherwise, no need for Dropbox at all)

Secondly, you should be opening the family file, not Reunion itself.

I find it convenient to add an alias of my family file(s) to the dock and open from there.
      I do use Reunion Touch as well. I've now moved my family file out of the Reunion Files folder and into the "root" level of Dropbox, as you suggested. I also dragged the file to my dock (creating an alias to it) and removed the app from the dock. Being new to a Mac, this seems unusual. In the PC world, I'm used to opening a program first and then choosing a file to open in that program. Thanks for the help.
      Steve Thomas
      iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Originally posted by thomprod View Post
        I only have one Family File and it is located in the Reunion Files folder in my Dropbox. Occasionally, when I open Reunion on my MacBook, it asks me to select a Family file. Why should I have to do this if there is only one file?
        You should check your Reunion preferences. Under "Startup Preferences", there's a box labelled "Open the most recent family file". You should make sure it's checked.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
          You should check your Reunion preferences. Under "Startup Preferences", there's a box labelled "Open the most recent family file". You should make sure it's checked.
          And if it is checked, you can use the Reunion program icon in the dock to open your family file instead of the alias of your family file.
          James L. Milne
          Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by James Milne View Post
            And if it is checked, you can use the Reunion program icon in the dock to open your family file instead of the alias of your family file.
            What difference would it make? Anything in the dock is an alias.

Many of us have more than one family file, making it far easier to open family files than the Reunion application.
            rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Working...
            X