Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo shows in one browser but not another!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo shows in one browser but not another!

Hello,

Why would a photo on a web page now display in Safari while it does appear in the developer's version of Safari (official name for the developer's browser is "Safari Technology Preview")and also shows in Firefox for Mac?

I've checked and rechecked the coding and can't find any errors. I've run the page through an online error checker and it came up error free.

Here is the web page:

Here are two images. The first imaged (ending in .48.jpg) is the page as displayed in Firefox. The second as the page is displayed in Safari. The image with "1949" displayed toward the bottom of the photo is missing in the second image I have uploaded.

Any ideas about what is going on would be very much appreciated. Thanks....
    Attached Files

Re: Photo shows in one browser but not another!

Hello....

Well, this was interesting. I found the answer via a google search, which took me to Apple's Support site, specificially to this page:

I simply followed the instructions in the paragraph that starts with

"Safari/Preferences/Advanced" you have to scroll down a bit to see that paragraph.

I followed the instructions up to the point where it says "Quit/reopen Safari and test".

I did that, and the photo appeared! Sorry to bother everyone with this. It was pretty interesting though.

Comment

Working...
    X