Tree that shows all related persons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree that shows all related persons

I am trying to generate a Tree View that includes all persons related. For instance, I have relatives that have children from another marriage, or, some that have had "out of wedlock" children that I would like to include.

Another example; my sister(brother)-in-law's brother's & sister's including their children.

Is there a way to generate a Chart including all these people?

Thank you in advance,

Larry

Re: Tree that shows all related persons

The thing that will get you the closest is Reunion's Relative Chart, but it is limited to including only blood relatives and their spouses.

Some strategic thinking about choosing a chart source person in your file who is related by blood to the most people you want to include in your chart can help, but it's likely that at some point things will fail to connect. For example, your niece will be related to all of her mother's blood relatives and all of her father's blood relatives, and you and your children will be in that group. But your spouse's siblings and ancestors will not.

If you want an extended family chart or an everyone chart, that would be a wish list item. I might add that while it would be technically feasible, the presentation would by necessity be somewhat disjointed.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: Tree that shows all related persons

Originally posted by ttl View Post
      The thing that will get you the closest is Reunion's Relative Chart, but it is limited to including only blood relatives and their spouses.

Some strategic thinking about choosing a chart source person in your file who is related by blood to the most people you want to include in your chart can help, but it's likely that at some point things will fail to connect. For example, your niece will be related to all of her mother's blood relatives and all of her father's blood relatives, and you and your children will be in that group. But your spouse's siblings and ancestors will not.

If you want an extended family chart or an everyone chart, that would be a wish list item. I might add that while it would be technically feasible, the presentation would by necessity be somewhat disjointed.
      Thank you for taking to time to respond

Comment

Working...
      X