High Sierra beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Sierra beta

Latest Reunion 11 running on High Sierra beta does not show child name in list view on family screen. But Leisterpro probably already knows this.
    Donald W. Moore
    Virginia Beach, Virginia

Re: High Sierra beta

Same issue for me -- still waiting for a fix.

Comment

High Sierra final version is available today -- Monday, Sept 25.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Our policy is not to release an update to address an issue introduced by a beta version of Mac OS. I.e., we need to wait and test the final release of High Sierra when it becomes available.

Later today, the official release of High Sierra is supposed to become available. When that happens, we'll make sure the issue is resolved and then release an update.
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Final is out, and there IS an issue.
          All children show as 'age' in the name field.
          FWIW, I rebuilt cache, but to no avail.
          rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
            We are aware - we tested it as soon as we were able to install the final release and are preparing an update that fixes the issue.

Thanks,
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
              All children show as 'age' in the name field.
              FWIW, I rebuilt cache, but to no avail.
              Change children from list view to button view as a workaround.
              Donald W. Moore
              Virginia Beach, Virginia

Comment

Re: High Sierra

Originally posted by Donald W. Moore View Post
                Change children from list view to button view as a workaround.
                This is a nice workaround for now - THANK YOU!
                Chris Howard
                iMac High Sierra
                iPhone 8+ iOS 11

Comment

As this thread indicates, a free maintenance update (11.0.12) was released this morning that addresses the child list issue introduced by High Sierra.
                  Frank Leister
                  Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                    As this thread indicates, a free maintenance update (11.0.12) was released this morning that addresses the child list issue introduced by High Sierra.
                    FANTASTIC! The Leister team is to be congratulated.
                    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      Our policy is not to release an update to address an issue introduced by a beta version of Mac OS. I.e., we need to wait and test the final release of High Sierra when it becomes available.

Later today, the official release of High Sierra is supposed to become available. When that happens, we'll make sure the issue is resolved and then release an update.
                      It's odd that Apple has been trying to update my MBP with High Sierra since sometime last week.

I've been ignoring it, since our 3 MBPs have SSDs, so no option but to undergo the radical file system change. I'll wait until there's a bit more experience.

But will update Reunion ASAP!!

Thanks, Leisterfolk!
                      -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
                      MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
                      MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

Comment

High Sierra is designed for SSD's as the default. It does not support the hybrid Fusion drive setup yet. Here is a decent article about the update; pay attention to the should I update paragraph near the end of the article. https://www.cnet.com/news/7-things-t...-sierra-10-13/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
                          High Sierra is designed for SSD's as the default. It does not support the hybrid Fusion drive setup yet. Here is a decent article about the update; pay attention to the should I update paragraph near the end of the article. https://www.cnet.com/news/7-things-t...-sierra-10-13/
                          Bombich says "If you upgrade your OS only to discover that a critical third-party application or peripheral doesn't work right, you could be really lost when you discover that it's impossible to downgrade to a previous OS. Unless, that is, you have a complete, bootable backup of your Mac made before you upgrade."

But even if you have made that clone, immediately verify your most important apps and hardware work okay in High Sierra, because changes made in some High Sierra apps would not be readable from your cloned drive.

See https://bombich.com/kb/ccc5/best-pra...g-your-macs-os

Good to know Reunion won't be a problem!
                          Last edited by Paul Reitz; 26 September 2017, 08:17 PM. Reason: add info
                          -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
                          MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
                          MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

Comment

I am using MacOS 10.13.1 (beta) with Reunion 11.0.12. When I am entering source information and use alt+e (for é) or alt+u (for ä), Reunion either crashes (first time) or ignores the command (after restarting Reunion following a crash). There is no problem trying to use these letter embellishments elsewhere in the program as far as I have found (where else would I put these characters besides sources, notes, names, and places?).

Comment

An excellent resource to use before you upgrade is https://roaringapps.com. One can check the compatibly of over 6,000 Mac applications with Mac OS from Mavericks to High Sierra.

Comment

Working...
                              X