Establishing relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Establishing relationship

I suspect this is incredibly simple and has been addressed before (but I couldn't find it): Is there a way for me to easily find how a person on my tree is related to me? I keep encountering names on my tree where I can't figure out how we are related. I'm sure we are (I entered the name, after all). Looking "up the tree" doesn't work unless they are rather close relatives.
    Thanks for any help.

Re: Establishing relationship

Originally posted by Wolfe Researcher View Post
    ...Is there a way for me to easily find how a person on my tree is related to me?...
    Yes. Begin on your family view and choose Find (in the navbar on the left).

You should see your name already shown as either Person 1 or Person 2 in the "Find relationship between two people" section of this panel. (If you are not Person 1, use the up/down arrows to the right of the name fields to swap positions.)

Then, locate the name of the other person in the People sidebar and "drag" his or her name into the Person 2 field.

Finally, click the "Find Relationship" button.

If that person is a blood relative or is the spouse of a blood relative, Reunion will let you know how you are related.

Additional information about using this feature to find the relationship between two people can be found in the manual by searching for "find relationship." The first search result should be "Finding the Relationship Between Two People."

To access the manual, click on the "?" in the lower left corner of any Reunion window or choose Help -> Contents.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

I just knew there was a simple way.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe Researcher View Post
        I just knew there was a simple way.

Thanks!
        Hi,

Another "simple" way is to make yourself the "Source" person for the file. Begin on your family view (as before). Right-click on your name and go down to "Find Relatives". Let go. This makes you the "Source" person and any blood relatives (& their spouses) should show their relationship to you in their name box.

Check the manual (? in lower left corner of family view screen). Search box - Find Relatives > #2-The Source Person for Relationships.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
        Kaye
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
        X