Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child button resize

Hello, all,
    I inadvertently made the child buttons very large, and now I can't make them smaller again. They take up too much room like this! I haven't been able to find an instruction in the manual.
    Thanks for any help you can give me!

Re: Child button resize

Originally posted by Rondi F View Post
    Hello, all,
    I inadvertently made the child buttons very large, and now I can't make them smaller again. They take up too much room like this! I haven't been able to find an instruction in the manual.
    Thanks for any help you can give me!
    A variety of things can affect the size of child buttons: the size of the family view, the amount of space allotted for the children area in the family view, the size of a picture/silhouette in a child button, and the amount of information included in a child button.

Since the change was inadvertent, I'm guessing the problem has something to do with the size of the pictures/silhouettes in the child buttons or the size of the family view/children area. (I.e., perhaps something was inadvertently clicked/dragged?)

So, with that in mind, I'd like to ask a couple questions...

1. Do the child buttons include pictures or silhouettes? If so, are they large, like those in the included "deep child buttons" image? Or, are they wide, like those in the included "wide child buttons" image?

2. Did the size of the family view/children area change when the problem with the child buttons began?

Please let us know and we'll go from there.
    Attached Files
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      A variety of things can affect the size of child buttons: the size of the family view, the amount of space allotted for the children area in the family view, the size of a picture/silhouette in a child button, and the amount of information included in a child button.

Since the change was inadvertent, I'm guessing the problem has something to do with the size of the pictures/silhouettes in the child buttons or the size of the family view/children area. (I.e., perhaps something was inadvertently clicked/dragged?)

So, with that in mind, I'd like to ask a couple questions...

1. Do the child buttons include pictures or silhouettes? If so, are they large, like those in the included "deep child buttons" image? Or, are they wide, like those in the included "wide child buttons" image?

2. Did the size of the family view/children area change when the problem with the child buttons began?

Please let us know and we'll go from there.
      Thank you, Deb! No, it has nothing to do with pictures. I slid the pointer down the screen and somehow it made the boxes bigger, same width. The family view area size did not change.

Comment

Originally posted by Rondi F View Post
        Thank you, Deb! No, it has nothing to do with pictures. I slid the pointer down the screen and somehow it made the boxes bigger, same width. The family view area size did not change.
        Hmm...

It would be very helpful to see what you are seeing.

If you are okay with sharing it with us, please take a screen shot of the children area of the family view and attach it to your reply.

Or, attach it to an email to me.

Information about how to take a screen shot can be found here...

Another possible option, if you haven't done too much customization to the family views in Reunion, would be to have Reunion 11 restore the entire default set of family views. This can be done by choosing Reunion > Preferences and clicking on Family View. A listing of family views is shown on the left. Click the "Delete View" button at the bottom until each family view has been deleted. After deleting the last family view in the list, Reunion will restore the default set of family views.

(Note: deleting a family view does not delete any information entered into a family file.)

I hope this is helpful in solving the problem
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
          Hmm...

It would be very helpful to see what you are seeing.

If you are okay with sharing it with us, please take a screen shot of the children area of the family view and attach it to your reply.

Or, attach it to an email to me.

Information about how to take a screen shot can be found here...

Another possible option, if you haven't done too much customization to the family views in Reunion, would be to have Reunion 11 restore the entire default set of family views. This can be done by choosing Reunion > Preferences and clicking on Family View. A listing of family views is shown on the left. Click the "Delete View" button at the bottom until each family view has been deleted. After deleting the last family view in the list, Reunion will restore the default set of family views.

(Note: deleting a family view does not delete any information entered into a family file.)

I hope this is helpful in solving the problem
          Thank you, Deb! As a matter of fact, I inadvertently made the boxes small again. The cursor passed over the boxes and who knows what happened but they got smaller.

Comment

Working...
          X