Change events type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change events type

Reviewing the events list, I find I have events that I have imported many years ago which have the gedgom tag *New[CHAN] and a date. Is it safe to delete these; some I know are long after that person's record was updated.
    I also have residence listed as Misc Event instead of Residence, how can I amend this.

Re: Change events type

Originally posted by I J Prince View Post
    I find I have events that I have imported many years ago which have the gedgom tag *New[CHAN] and a date. Is it safe to delete these...
    Most likely, yes. These are probably the date of the last time the record in question was changed prior to the GEDCOM export.

I also have residence listed as Misc Event instead of Residence, how can I amend this.
    Do you have other Misc. Events in the file?

Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

This is the only Misc event I can see on my files. It looks like they are probably from when I first moved to Reunion from a Windows application.

Comment

Originally posted by I J Prince View Post
        This is the only Misc event I can see on my files.
        If there are not other types of Misc. Events, then you can go to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Fields, Person, Events

And add a Residence Event (if one doesn't exist), then go to "Move" in the Field Preferences, select Person Fields, and use that to move the data in the Misc. Events to the Resident Event.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X