Frame size does not fit to diagram size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame size does not fit to diagram size

How can I shrink frame size so its a little bit bigger than diagram content? In all my actual charts frame is at least double of descent and diagram.

Additional question:
    Why do functions from Reunion 9 not longer exist in v10 and v11 like very useful selection types in chart editor:
    Object/Section Mode/One Box
    Generation
    Generation+
    Ancestors
    Descendants
    Attached Files

Re: Frame size does not fit to diagram size

The box selection modes still exist, but they are now available by Right Clicking or Contrpl-Clicking on the box. The selection mode can then be chosen from the popup menu.
    Last edited by ttl; 31 May 2017, 08:15 AM.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

To get a better frame size, try changing the paper size to A4 in File>Page Setup. You can also make a custom page size to match your chart size (without frame).
      Tim Lundin

Comment

Thanks Tim!

1) Papersize to A4 causes a pdf-file with 49 pages, but I want only ONE page in minimal necessary dimensions to print in a copy shop.
        2) right clicking does not work in my (german located) version 11.0.11, but is standard im my older version (german too) 10.0.6 without right click!

So I can switch between two chart editors, because generated descendant files are compatible with both versions

Comment

Originally posted by willyman View Post
          1) Papersize to A4 causes a pdf-file with 49 pages, but I want only ONE page in minimal necessary dimensions to print in a copy shop.
          You can go to File>Page Setup>Paper Size>Manage Custom Sizes, and create a page size to match your chart. The frame will adjust itself to the page.

Or, if you like the dimensions of the A4 version, you can File>Save as Graphic File, and save it as a PDF. It will be the same overall dimension, and your copy shop can create their own page size to match.

2) right clicking does not work in my (german located) version 11.0.11, but is standard im my older version (german too) 10.0.6 without right click!
          That's odd. Maybe you should report it to the help desk as a bug. Did you try holding down the Control (apple) key while clicking?
          Tim Lundin

Comment

That was exactly what I did, but when printing pops uo error msg "Wrong papersize" (Translation from german)
            Attached Files

Comment

Try making the paper size 1.800 x 4.000 mm and change paper orientation to landscape. Printer drivers seem to prefer the first number to be smaller than the second number.
              Tim Lundin

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
                Try making the paper size 1.800 x 4.000 mm and change paper orientation to landscape. Printer drivers seem to prefer the first number to be smaller than the second number.
                Done, but nothing works like expected, seems to be a major problem. Will use function "save as graphic file"

Nevertheless thanks for your help
                Attached Files

Comment

Finally I got it!

First I generated a new user on my iMac and all problems with different sizes of fames and content in it were gone.
                  So I deleted all existing print formats in my standard user directory and it worked too.

But right clicking in chart selection works only in Reunion 10 here

Comment

Re: Right-clicking in Reunion 11 vs Reunion 10

...But right clicking in chart selection works only in Reunion 10 here
                    I think what you're missing is this: Right-click on a box; not on the chart canvas.
                    Frank Leister
                    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Right-clicking in Reunion 11 vs Reunion 10

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      I think what you're missing is this: Right-click on a box; not on the chart canvas.
                      Many thanks, now I finally understood it with my bad english

Comment

Working...
                      X