Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consecutive marriages, same couple (revisited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consecutive marriages, same couple (revisited)

The scenario, which has been discussed in these fora before, is where a couple marry each other more than once. There may or may not be an intervening divorce, or it could be separate civil and religious ceremonies, and I have seen an invalid (under age) marriage followed by a later legal one. And there could be intervening marriages to other spouses.

I am familiar with the technique (in Reunion 11) of creating fake spouses so that the software will then allow you to create another marriage with the same spouses, and then deleting the fake spouses.

What I have now found is that Reunion (11.0.11) has deleted the second marriages.

Is there a fix to stop this happening?

Re: Consecutive marriages, same couple (revisited)

The ability to do that was a "workaround" of sorts, and wasn't really the intended solution.

The more appropriate way to handle this in Reunion is to enter prior marriages under "Events" in the Edit Family screen (note: you may need to create marriage/divorce family events), then enter the most recent marriage/divorce under the Marriage tab.

Originally posted by A Hougie View Post
    What I have now found is that Reunion (11.0.11) has deleted the second marriages.
    Reunion 11 doesn't delete marriages without user input (e.g. the user purposely or accidentally deleting the marriages). If you're able to duplicate this issue with a specific series of steps, we'd be interested in those steps.
    Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X