Empty notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty notes

Is there a way to filter people who have note entries, including user created note fields, research notes, marriage notes, etc.

I'm attempting to clear up my database by editing my notes and combining info I have in notes.

I have over 8000 people in my database and want to find only those who actually have notes entered.

Re: Empty notes

Originally posted by PMarc19 View Post
    Is there a way to filter people who have note entries, including user created note fields, research notes, marriage notes, etc.
    Yes. This would involve three searches...

1. Search for those who have something entered into any "person" note field. Then, mark those entries.
    2. Search for those who have something entered into a "family" note field. Then, mark those entries.
    3. Finally, search for marked entries.

I.e., follow these step-by-step directions...

Choose Find in the navbar on the left. (Be sure the People tab is selected at the top.) Then, select these conditions...

Notes/Any Note Field - Is Not - <leave field empty>

Click the Find button.

The Results sidebar should list every person with something entered in a "person" note field.

Mark those entries by choosing "Unmark Everybody in Family File, then Mark Everybody in List" from the "Mark" menu at the bottom of the sidebar (i.e., the green checkmark).

Next, choose Find and click the Couples tab at the top. Then, select these conditions...

Notes/Any Note Field - Is Not - <leave field empty>

If you have only one active "family" note field, you will not have the option to select "Any Note Field." If that is the case, simply select the note field listed in the Conditions menu.

Afterward, click the Find button.

The Results sidebar should list every couple with something entered in a "family" note field.

Mark those couples by choosing "Mark Everybody in List" from the "Mark" menu at the bottom of the sidebar.

Finally, choose Find and select these conditions...

Attributes/Person Marked - Yes

(Or, select "Marked" from the Presets list just to the right of the navbar along the left.)

And, click the Find button.

The end result is a list of marked people/couples who should all have a something entered into a person note field or a family note field.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X