Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gedcom for FTDNA etc.

Hi

I'd like to create a gedcom file for FTDNA. I'd like it to contained the person who had the DNA test and his/her blood ancestors. I've come kinda close. Turn on privacy filtering, I give the tested person a fake death date. I select blood relatives and mark them, then unmark descendants. I edit the gedcom to "fix" the info for the tested person. Problem is that when I create the gedcom file it includes the spouse of the person that had the test and the parents of that spouse. I want to keep the editing of the file to none if possible.

I'd like to do this so that the family tree on the website for the tested person only contains people that would be related via DNA. It would make is simpler for people to navigate etc.

Thanks
    J Sadler

Re: Gedcom for FTDNA etc.

Originally posted by jsadler View Post
    I'd like to create a gedcom file for FTDNA. I'd like it to contained the person who had the DNA test and his/her blood ancestors. I've come kinda close. Turn on privacy filtering, I give the tested person a fake death date. I select blood relatives and mark them, then unmark descendants. I edit the gedcom to "fix" the info for the tested person. Problem is that when I create the gedcom file it includes the spouse of the person that had the test and the parents of that spouse. I want to keep the editing of the file to none if possible.
    You could create a new file with your "close" GEDCOM, delete the three people you don't want included, then create a GEDCOM that you would upload to FTDNA.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
    X