Easy Way to View Help info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Way to View Help info

Just started with 11, have to reenter all data from FTM printout saved from file on PC

Can I assume there are no text (printed) books available on the market?

What is the easiest way to print out selected help topics?

Re: Easy Way to View Help info

Once you are at the section that you want to print, either Command-P or go to the File menu and choose Print.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Once you are at the section that you want to print, either Command-P or go to the File menu and choose Print.
      Yes I know about Command P, but you print the entire section of 10 pages. Command-A to
      select a section does not work. I maybe missing something, but it seems the developers made it difficult to use the Help section without a selective print, or an available hardcopy book. I will eventually learn all I need know.

Thank you

Comment

Then use your Copy and Paste commands.

Note: You do have to copy text and images separately because if you highlight a section containing both text and images, your only option is to Copy Image which will result in the text not being manageable where you paste it.

Second Note: If you are up to date on OS's on your Mac and iOS devices, you can copy on either and paste on the other using the Copy command on one and the Paste command on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by William F Harley View Post
          Yes I know about Command P, but you print the entire section of 10 pages. Command-A to
          select a section does not work. I maybe missing something, but it seems the developers made it difficult to use the Help section without a selective print, or an available hardcopy book. I will eventually learn all I need know.

Thank you
          You could always 'Save to PDF' from the print menu, and then open the PDF in Preview. Then print only the pages you want.
          Researching DEBEE, FRERICHS/FREDERICKS, HAHNENENKAMP, JANCO, KOLK, PETRINI, WEISS

http://familytreesandbranches.weebly.com
          http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....com/~ilrootz/

Comment

Originally posted by William F Harley View Post

Thank you
            Apple has a small ap called Grab which I have used for years to copy anything, photos and/or text that appears on my screen. I have not tried to copy images that continue off the screen, such as multiple pages as you describe, just portions of what is on the screen. The selected image then appears on your desktop and can be printed/saved as any other screen image. I am using Version 1.6.
            David Moody, USA
            deltalimemike@gmail.com
            https://www.moodylapointe.com

Comment

Originally posted by David Moody View Post
              Apple has a small ap called Grab...... have not tried to copy images that continue off the screen, such as multiple pages.......
              Grab is for screenshots and results in pictures, so text is not manageable. It's just fine if a screenshot is what you need.

To get what is past the bottom of the window:

If a screenshot will meet your needs, many third party screenshot apps have the ability to scroll the continuing part of the page. Again, text will not be manageable.

If one uses copy and paste, in most documents, including this manual, while dragging to highlight what is to be copied, when the cursor hits the bottom edge of the window, it will automatically keep scrolling until one releases the mouse button. Result is manageable text.

Comment

Here are some more options:
                1. Highlight the HELP passage and drag it to the TextEdit icon in the Dock. This will produce a printable document with the selected text. One can highlight non-contiguous text and text with imbedded images. This may work with other word processors or text editors. I found that this works not only with Reunion HELP but also with Mac's native applications' HELP.
                2. Go paperless: Find the Reunion HELP passage you want. Toggle back and forth between HELP and your Reunion work with the <COMMAND-GRAVE> shortcut. The GRAVE accent is at the upper-left of the keyboard below ESC. (This doesn't work with Mac's native apps.)
                3. Use Mission Control to set up a second desktop (press F3 and click the PLUS at the upper right). Click the desktop with Reunion on it. Open HELP, press F3, and drag HELP to the 2nd desktop. Toggling between desktops can be done several ways. a. Press F3 and click the desktop you want. b. Use CONTROL-1 and CONTROL-2 to toggle between desktops (works on my iMac) or CONTROL-RIGHT ARROW and CONTROL-LEFT ARROW (works on my MacBook Air). c. With a trackpad or Magic Mouse, you can select swiping motions to switch desktops (see System Preferences for mouse or trackpad). I find a second desktop especially useful for those applications that float the HELP window in front of the working document and don't let you bring the document to the front without closing HELP (i.e. Mac's native apps). I simply move HELP to a second desktop.

Comment

Working...
                X