Restart Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restart Sharing

I deleted some people using Reunion which reset file sharing. No problems with Reunion Touch on my iphone resatrting file sharing BUT Reunion Touch on my iPad gave me a button to restart sharing. Each time I try. the App crashes. This happened as well a few months back. I had to delete the files from the ipad and downlaod them again from dropbox. With 4000 files it took quite awhile. I have two cousins that are linked to the file and both have limited internet usage which might put them over. A fix for this would be helpful. The ipad and iphone are using Reunion Touch 1.0.3 and iOS 10.1.1

Re: Restart Sharing

Originally posted by Ev Horton View Post
    I deleted some people using Reunion which reset file sharing.
    If sharing was reset, then your iPad will need to completely re-download the file anyways - there's essentially no difference between what happens, on the iPad, when resetting sharing or when deleting and re-downloading the file. Both will require a complete re-downloading of the family file and all the thumbnails.

That is, as far as getting sharing working again on your iPad, you should go ahead and delete and re-download the file as that's essentially what would happen anyways (if the app didn't crash as you tried to restart the sharing). We will, of course, look into the issue of the app crashing when trying to restart sharing.

FWIW, you'll likely be able to reduce the amount of time it takes to download the file from Dropbox to ReunionTouch by changing your thumbnails settings via:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Multimedia, Rebuild Thumbnails...

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: Restart Sharing

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      If sharing was reset, then your iPad will need to completely re-download the file anyways - there's essentially no difference between what happens, on the iPad, when resetting sharing or when deleting and re-downloading the file. Both will require a complete re-downloading of the family file and all the thumbnails.

That is, as far as getting sharing working again on your iPad, you should go ahead and delete and re-download the file as that's essentially what would happen anyways (if the app didn't crash as you tried to restart the sharing). We will, of course, look into the issue of the app crashing when trying to restart sharing.

FWIW, you'll likely be able to reduce the amount of time it takes to download the file from Dropbox to ReunionTouch by changing your thumbnails settings via:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Multimedia, Rebuild Thumbnails...

HTH
      Because the iphone doesn't have this issue, hopefully you can get the ipad to do the same as the iphone.

Evan...

Comment

Working...
      X