can't find my Reunion 11 on my laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't find my Reunion 11 on my laptop

Hi, I just updated to MacOS 10.12.1 on my MacBook Pro and now I can not locate Reunion 11, my family tree, I could not find by using spotlight. I can only find the sample family tree.

What should I do? Thanks.

Re: can't find my Reunion 11 on my laptop

Originally posted by karan View Post
    Hi, I just updated to MacOS 10.12.1 on my MacBook Pro and now I can not locate Reunion 11, my family tree, I could not find by using spotlight. I can only find the sample family tree.

What should I do? Thanks.
    Has it perhaps got into iCloud? I don't think Spotlight finds things in there..

Comment

It can be found at Users/YourName/Dropbox. This is assuming that you assured that you are still connected to Dropbox after you did the update.

John: Everything in iCloud or Dropbox is being mirrored on your local device. That is the nature of these "cloud" storage schemes. Or you could say that the "server in the sky" is mirroring a folder on the local device. Doesn't matter which way you describe it; it just works.

Your iCloud folder is at Users/YourName/Library/MobileDocuments/com~apple~CloudDocs. Please note that in either case, you can bypass other methods of moving items to Dropbox or iCloud by simply dragging the item into this folder. It will sense and sync.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
        It can be found at Users/YourName/Dropbox.
        This assumes that Karan moved her family file into Dropbox in order to sync with ReunionTouch.

If that's not the case, then her family file would (by default) be saved to:

Documents/Reunion Files/

Though she could have chosen to save it elsewhere. Generally, searching for ".familyfile11" (no quotes) in Finder will bring up any Reunion 11 family files that are on your Mac.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
          It can be found at Users/YourName/Dropbox. This is assuming that you assured that you are still connected to Dropbox after you did the update.

John: Everything in iCloud or Dropbox is being mirrored on your local device. That is the nature of these "cloud" storage schemes. Or you could say that the "server in the sky" is mirroring a folder on the local device. Doesn't matter which way you describe it; it just works.

Your iCloud folder is at Users/YourName/Library/MobileDocuments/com~apple~CloudDocs. Please note that in either case, you can bypass other methods of moving items to Dropbox or iCloud by simply dragging the item into this folder. It will sense and sync.
          I have checked and you are quite right. I have previously tried to find documents in, say, iCloud Drive/Numbers via Spotlight and failed. It seems to work now.

Users/YourName/Library/Mobile Documents/ (I had to put a space between Mobile and Documents) seems something of a magic folder. Open it, and I get one result. Open an alias of it on the Desktop, and I get a different one.

While I can always get at iCloud Drive from the Finder sidebar, I'd really like an alias (or something) in my UserName folder that had the same effect. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to do this.

I'm still on El Cap, BTW - my iMac is too old for Sierra.

Comment

Thank you Bob, Mark & John! When I updated my mac to Siena, it looks like it save Reunion 10 instead of 11. I think that happened because I never updated my iCloud. anyone, I download my family file from Dropbox and and deleted Reunion 10. Thanks for all the tips!

Comment

Working...
            X