2 digit birth years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 digit birth years

I am working with some very old Welsh ancestors; when I enter a two didgit year, it defaults to the 20th century.....when I enter a 4 digit year beginning with 00, it defaults to just one leading zero. Death year does not behave this way. Looked for a Preference to change but did not find it.

Re: 2 digit birth years

In Reunion Preferences, in the Dates panel, is Leading Zeros checked on or off?
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Re: 2 digit birth years

Originally posted by jrshannahan View Post
      I am working with some very old Welsh ancestors; when I enter a two didgit year, it defaults to the 20th century.....when I enter a 4 digit year beginning with 00, it defaults to just one leading zero. Death year does not behave this way. Looked for a Preference to change but did not find it.
      This is how you indicate to Reunion's date interpreter that a small number is a year and not a day or month. From the "Dates" chapter in Reunion's manual:

If the year element of a date entry is between 1 and 9, it must be preceded by two zeros (for example, 001).

If the year is between 10 and 31, it must be preceded by at least one zero (for example, 025 or 0025).
      Gregg Witmer
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X