Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures Folder best place on Mac for photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures Folder best place on Mac for photos?

I last visited the forums 4/23/16. My husband passed away suddenly on 5/22/16 and I have been a wreck ever since. I now have a number of photos from his side on my desktop in a folder named "Reunion Software Items Put Brown Reunion Pictures in Overall Pictures Folder." Inside that overall folder are folders named "Brown Reunion Pictures," "Ray Family Funeral Pix," etc.

I named the overall folder as a reminder to myself to put all of my Reunion photos in my Mac's Pictures file based on a post by Mark Harrison: "It is not necessary to put the files in your Dropbox folder. Generally, we recommend keeping the multimedia files in:
    Pictures / Reunion Pictures."

So now I am confused. Do all of these photos go "loose" inside the overall Pictures / Reunion Pictures or do I keep them grouped inside the "sorting" folders like "Ray Family Funeral Pix," etc., i.e. Like the original "Sample Pictures" folder containing the Kennedy pix.

Thanks in advance for a quick reply. I'm ready to update to Sierra and need to get these items off my desktop.
    Last edited by T Brown-Gavins; 03 October 2016, 11:09 AM.

Re: Pictures Folder best place on Mac for photos?

Sorry for your loss; it's good you're doing well enough to deal with this.

In brief, you can keep the photos grouped inside the sorting folders.
    You may or may not have to "Repair Multimedia Links" once you've moved them; probably not, but possibly if the moves confuse things sufficiently.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: Pictures Folder best place on Mac for photos?

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      Sorry for your loss; it's good you're doing well enough to deal with this.

In brief, you can keep the photos grouped inside the sorting folders.
      You may or may not have to "Repair Multimedia Links" once you've moved them; probably not, but possibly if the moves confuse things sufficiently.
      Thanks for the speedy reply Dennis. What about pdfs of documents? Where do they go?

Comment

Working...
      X