Charts/Relative as a book report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts/Relative as a book report

My great-great-grandfather Ole Olsen was born 1854. I’d like to make a report where HE'S THE PROBAND, and list ALL OF HIS ANCESTORS. The report should also list ALL THEIR SIBLINGS and ALL THEIR DESCENDANTS.

I guess you can call this a full report of Ole Olsen's family tree.

I find this option in Charts/Relative, but not in Reports. I'd like to make a book report, but not to view it as a chart.

Re: Charts/Relative as a book report

Originally posted by stigvoll View Post
    My great-great-grandfather Ole Olsen was born 1854. I’d like to make a report where HE'S THE PROBAND, and list ALL OF HIS ANCESTORS. The report should also list ALL THEIR SIBLINGS and ALL THEIR DESCENDANTS.

I guess you can call this a full report of Ole Olsen's family tree.

I find this option in Charts/Relative, but not in Reports. I'd like to make a book report, but not to view it as a chart.

\
    Hmm. As you have discovered, there is no such report in Reunion—or any other genealogical app for that matter.

That said, you can create its equivalent by performing the following:
    1) Create an ancestor report. (This will list his direct blood ancestors ONLY—no siblings thereof.)
    2) Create a separate (2-generation) descendent report for each known ancestor. (It should be noted that in order to include the siblings of an individual in a descendent report, you must start with that person’s parents, even if that entry is blank.)
    3) Taking the names of each ancestral sibling, generate a register report to include as many generations as necessary.

In all, you will be generating a bunch of smaller reports (as PDFs) and then string them together in the Book Report feature within Reunion.
    Arnold
    -----
    RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Working...
    X