This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ages in persons field (one more time)

I still don't have the age of contemporary people in one of my family files and I've tried the options posted by EAlves. There is an age listing in the button field for these people but it only displays the age if both a birh date and death date are entered. How can I get the age option back in the family view?

Re: Ages in persons field (one more time)

Preference > Family View > Parents > General (in left column)

Check to see if Age is listed in the Field Information box. It likely is missing for you.

If missing, click Add Field popup. Choose Age about halfway down the column of choices.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Preference > Family View > Parents > General (in left column)

Check to see if Age is listed in the Field Information box. It likely is missing for you.

If missing, click Add Field popup. Choose Age about halfway down the column of choices.
      I don't have a General View in the left column, I can create a view called General but the area under the button is empty do I have to create fields as they are available in the Default view?

Comment

I'm pretty certain that General item is there by default. Just to be sure we are looking at the same spot, here is a screenshot. If you duplicate and don't find, it may be a problem needing advice from Leister staff.
        Attached Files

Comment

As I mentioned before, there are several field choices that have the option to show an age. AND, as Bob pointed out, an “age” field that would take care of it no matter what else you select! (Thanks, Bob, I had never noticed that before!)

Since each family view can vary, you will need to go through EACH family view and EACH button (children / couple / parents) to make sure the info you want to see in that particular family view is there (screenshots attached):

preferences > family view >

click your first family view (in the left column) and make sure the info you want to see in the people buttons is there (in the “fields” section) by clicking each button - children / couple / parents

repeat with each family view.

I hope this helps.
          Attached Files

Comment

Good reminder! I sort of overlooked that probably because I stay in Parents view 99% or more of the time. Senior moment?

Comment

Working...
            X