X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Project, pictures, retina display

Hi.

It has been a long while since I last did a web project report, but I was surprised when I did one tonight that all the photos are over-sizing, displaying only the lower left quadrant of the photo. It does not matter the photo or its size/resolution - only the lower left quadrant displays. i have attached an example.

In the Reunion program itself the photos are all displaying normally.

I am running the newest revision of Reunion, version 11.0.10, and have never had this problem before. I should add I have not changed the report format from before either.

Any idea why the problem?

Thanks,

Ken
    Attached Files

Re: Web Project Report Picture Problem

Hi Ken,

Does your Mac have a Retina display?

Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Hi Ken,

Does your Mac have a Retina display?

Thanks,
      Hi Mark -

Yes, it does have the retina display, it is a 2015 Macbook. Also, I decided to look at other reports that print the pictures and they are all exhibiting the same exact behavior: person report, family group report, etc. This is regardless of the whether I output the report to Pages or TextEdit - same result.

Thanks,

Ken

Comment

Hi Ken,

Thanks - please try rebuilding thumbnails by going to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Multimedia

And clicking "Rebuild Thumbnails...", then "Proceed". Once that's been done, see if the problem persists.

If it does, let me know, and also let me know if you have more than one monitor attached to your Mac.

Thanks,
        Mark Harrison

Comment

Hi Ken,

And clicking "Rebuild Thumbnails...", then "Proceed". Once that's been done, see if the problem persists.

If it does, let me know, and also let me know if you have more than one monitor attached to your Mac.

Thanks,
          Hi Mark -

Fantastic! That did the trick. Just for the record of the thread, I had only the Macbook builtin monitor. And... the reason I did not see this before: I had said it had been a while, and I was way past due to update my website. Last update was in June last year. In August I changed my 2012 Macbook Air for a 2015 Macbook. It was the retina display as the difference evidently, and I never noticed.

Thanks so much!

Ken

Comment

Hi Ken,

I will try this to see myself, but just to perhaps clarify for everyone - is this a fix that has been in Reunion at some stage? Or is it dependant on having a Retina display, and that you do the rebuilding on that computer?

I share my files between 2 computers - a Mac Pro and a MacBook Pro - I've recently replaced the MacBook Pro 15 with a MacBook Pro 13 Retina Display, so presumably at least on the MacBook would be seeing this issue. Will the rebuild fix things for both the Retina display and the non-Retina display?

Does it matter which machine the rebuild is done on?

Roger
            Roger Moffat
            http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
            http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Originally posted by theKiwi View Post
              is this a fix that has been in Reunion at some stage? Or is it dependant on having a Retina display, and that you do the rebuilding on that computer?
              The problem with the images being cropped incorrectly was the result of a bug in an earlier version that only occurred when the thumbnails were created on a Retina display Mac. We fixed that bug, but in order to fix thumbnails created before that bug was fixed it's necessary to rebuild the thumbnails.

Does it matter which machine the rebuild is done on?
              No, I don't believe so.
              Mark Harrison

Comment

The problem with the images being cropped incorrectly was the result of a bug in an earlier version that only occurred when the thumbnails were created on a Retina display Mac. We fixed that bug, but in order to fix thumbnails created before that bug was fixed it's necessary to rebuild the thumbnails.

No, I don't believe so.
                Thanks for the clarifications Mark.

Roger
                Roger Moffat
                http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
                http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Working...
                X