This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem inserting source numbers

I've been recently having a problem inserting source numbers when editing and adding facts and events in the person editor. I've always been able to enter the info and then use Shift-Command-N to bring up the source number selection window, select the source and proceed.

NOW, very often (but not always), when I use that shortcut, the computer just beeps at me and nothing happens. I can go drag a source from the sidebar (if the source sidebar is open) and it works fine, but even in the "Add Source" dropdown window, if I select "Enter Source Number..." it just beeps. As I say, not all the time, occasionally it works properly.

This seems to be new with version 11.0.9, but I can't say for sure. It's started very recently, at least.

This is on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid-2014) in MacOS 11.0.6, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD.

Any suggestions?
    John Bastin
    jbastin1@me.com
    Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher
    Mac OS X 10.13.4, Reunion 12.0 (Build 180502) 64-bit

Re: Problem inserting source numbers

Originally posted by jbastin View Post
    I've been recently having a problem inserting source numbers when editing and adding facts and events in the person editor. I've always been able to enter the info and then use Shift-Command-N to bring up the source number selection window, select the source and proceed.

NOW, very often (but not always), when I use that shortcut, the computer just beeps at me and nothing happens. I can go drag a source from the sidebar (if the source sidebar is open) and it works fine, but even in the "Add Source" dropdown window, if I select "Enter Source Number..." it just beeps. As I say, not all the time, occasionally it works properly.

This seems to be new with version 11.0.9, but I can't say for sure. It's started very recently, at least.

This is on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid-2014) in MacOS 11.0.6, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD.

Any suggestions?
    I just checked, and if I close and restart Reunion, the problem goes away, it starts working properly again for a while. Maybe it's something else I'm doing that causes the issue, but I haven't been able to pin it down.
    John Bastin
    jbastin1@me.com
    Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher

Comment

Originally posted by jbastin View Post

Any suggestions?
      SHIFT+COMMAND+N is assigned in OS X as a standard shortcut to create a new folder on your Mac desktop, or in the active Finder window. Do you mean SHIFT+COMMAND+S, which brings the Source List into view in Reunion.

Comment

Originally posted by mjashby View Post
        SHIFT+COMMAND+N is assigned in OS X as a standard shortcut to create a new folder on your Mac desktop, or in the active Finder window. Do you mean SHIFT+COMMAND+S, which brings the Source List into view in Reunion.
        No, this has nothing to do with showing the Source list in Reunion.

Yes, I agree, Shift-Command-N is a MacOS FINDER shortcut to create a new folder (in the present window, NOT necessarily the Desktop) WHEN the FINDER is the FRONT app. When another app is in front, not so much.

In Reunion, if you you look in the "Add Source' drop-down window when you're in an edit window, you'll see "Enter Source Number..." with a keyboard shortcut of ⇧⌘N. This is the function that is not working all the time. Sometimes, yes, all the time, NO.

That's the function that used to work all the time for me, but I'm having problems with it now. It seems to be just since the installation of Reunion version 11.0.9, but I haven't paid close enough attention to treat that as gospel.
        John Bastin
        jbastin1@me.com

Comment

Working...
        X