This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source citation and multimedia image

With Reunion 11 one can display a multimedia image linked to a source citation rather easily; however, this does not seem to be possible with ReunionTouch. One must get the source citation number associated with an individual and then scroll through the source list until the source citation number is found and then the image can be displayed. This is very cumbersome. There must be an easier way for example to display an image of a birth certificate of a cited source while view an individual in the family view.
    Tom Brown

Re: Source citation and multimedia image

Originally posted by Tom Brown View Post
    With Reunion 11 one can display a multimedia image linked to a source citation rather easily; however, this does not seem to be possible with ReunionTouch. One must get the source citation number associated with an individual and then scroll through the source list until the source citation number is found and then the image can be displayed. This is very cumbersome. There must be an easier way for example to display an image of a birth certificate of a cited source while view an individual in the family view.
    I asked for this over a year ago:

but got very little support.
    Howard Fink
    knowHow@mac.com

Comment

With Reunion 11 one can display a multimedia image linked to a source citation rather easily;
      Reunion allows multimedia to be linked to a source record, not a source citation.

For more information about the differences between source records and source citations in Reunion, please see this page: http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/versio...tationtalk.php

...and then scroll through the source list until the source citation number is found and then the image can be displayed. This is very cumbersome.
      Unless I am misunderstanding your request, this is only true for source citations embedded in the notes for a person. Otherwise, when you see the list of source citations in the Edit Person window, tap on one of the listed citations to see more information about the cited source record and the citation detail text. Tap on the source record and you will go into the Edit Source window which will show the list of media (among other things) for that source record.
      Gregg Witmer
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

My terminology may be incorrect; however, when I duplicate the process that you state in your last snippet about not understanding my meaning I am still not able to view the multimedia image I have linked to a specific source. A birth is an event substantiated by a source, i.e. a birth certificate, for instance, of which I have an image and when I go to a specific person, tap on the birth (under the person's image), then under "Events" where birth date, etc is listed, tap on that information which leads to another screen, lists "citations", under which is the source number pertaining to the birth event, tap on the source number which opens another and final screen. In none of this is it possible to view the actual image of the birth certificate other than the rather cumbersome method I described previously.

Finally, the tone of your response seemed more defensive and more intent on some sort of challenge to my veracity than it did to addressing the problem which still exists. If Leister offers the capability of using multimedia in its products then it should make every effort for a user to access them more realistically. Scrolling through a lengthy list of sources in order to view a multimedia image associated with that source does not seem very user friendly. After all the software allows the inclusion of a multimedia image when entering source information; its easy retrieval should follow as well.
        Tom Brown

Comment

...when I duplicate the process that you state in your last snippet about not understanding my meaning I am still not able to view the multimedia image I have linked to a specific source.
          My mistake.

I was testing this on an unreleased version of ReunionTouch where the issue has been addressed. It will appear soon in a free update to the ReunionTouch app. My apologies.

My emphasis on sources vs. citations was not so much directed at you as it was to onlookers. Because this is a public forum, many current and potential Reunion users may read this thread. Sometimes there is confusion over the source/citation distinction (which is why we authored the FAQ page previously referenced) and I wanted to clarify the point to anybody reading this, hopefully preempting questions about adding media to a citation.
          Gregg Witmer
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X