This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Register Report

How do you delete the existing Register Report in order to start over with a new one? or
    how do you replace the existing Register Report with a new one?
    Thanks.

Re: Register Report

You can delete register reports that you've created by opening a Finder window and navigate to the folder containing the report, then dragging the report to the Trash icon in your Dock. By default, Reunion 11 saves reports to:

Documents/Reunion Files/Reports/

Though you may have chosen to save them elsewhere.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      You can delete register reports that you've created by opening a Finder window and navigate to the folder containing the report, then dragging the report to the Trash icon in your Dock. By default, Reunion 11 saves reports to:

Though you may have chosen to save them elsewhere.

HTH
      Thank you Mark

Comment

Knowing that, let me share a habit that you may want to use. After creating a report, I immediately go to that folder and rename the report per my own naming format. By default, it will name the file with a sequential number followed by initials followed by type of report then dot file type.

Thus, it will look like this: Report 001 BW Register.xxx until you rename it.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Re: Register Report again

Again Thanks Mark...I have deleted several register reports from that area but the persistent one in my book remains. I have done a search of my computer (all files) to find any other register reports but didn't come up with anything. I don't know where it is hiding. Any other suggestions would be helpful. I am close to printing out an "alpha" version of my book but I need the correct Register Report.
          Harry

Comment

Have you tried doing a Spotlight search with the word register inside quote marks? I just did that and was surprised to find about seven register reports that I had not renamed.
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Re: Register Report again

Originally posted by The Shaver Family View Post
              ...the persistent one in my book remains.
              Are you referring to a register report included in a Reunion book project?

If so, what do you need to change about it? E.g., did you change data in your file (names, dates, etc.) that need to be updated in the book project?

Thanks,
              Mark Harrison

Comment

The book is almost complete...at least ready for an "alpha version" print. Not realizing that changing the name used to generate the register report was a big deal I used an incorrect family member to generate the report...so I need to delete that register report and do a new one with a different family member. Thanks for the help.

Yesterday, I also followed the directions to print out a copy of my book...seemed simple enough...it took a minute of working and then it was supposed to show up in the preview app...it never arrived. I opened the preview app and it wasn't there. I will try again when I get the correct register report done.

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

...I need to delete that register report and do a new one with a different family member.
                  Ok, the register report in the book project is not saved separate from the book -- it's part of the book project.

If you need to change the source person of the register report that's included in a book, you'll need to re-create the book project. Once a book project is created it's not possible to change the source person of the register report included in the book.
                  Mark Harrison

Comment

I had thought of that...was hoping that wasn't the case...I can do that...just takes time.
                    Harry

Comment

Re: Register Report print issue

OK, recreated the book with the correct register report. Used the Export and Import Section feature. I then clicked on the box to "Create and Open PDF Book." After naming it as per the prompt...the busy wheel spins for perhaps 20 seconds or so and then takes me back to the book. Nothing opens in the Preview App. When I open the Preview App the book is not there to print. Help.
                      Harry

Comment

First things first, please make sure you have the latest version of Reunion 11 installed. You can download it here. Then try recreating the book and then "Create and Open PDF Book".

If the problem persists, take a look in:

And see if there's a PDF of the book present in that folder. It should be named whatever name was given in the window that drops-down after clicking "Create and Open PDF Book".

If the PDF is not present in that folder, we'd like you to send the book project to us so that we can test with it here to determine the cause of the problem. The book project should be in the Reports folder mentioned above

Thanks,
                        Mark Harrison

Comment

I am using 11.0.9 version of Reunion...that is the one that just came out a week or two ago.
                          I Checked Documents/Reunion Files/Reports/ and my book is listed with the name that I gave it - Report Beta 2 (listed as Reunion Book - 1.93 GB). I tried "Create and Open PDF Book" again and the program crashed.
                          As always, thanks for your help.
                          Harry

Comment

I'd recommend sending the book project to us for testing, in that case. We'll take a look at it here to determine the cause of the problem and see what can be done to fix it.

You can send it us using the same methods outlined in this FAQ for sending family files.

Thanks,
                            Mark Harrison

Comment

Thanks Mark...I set up a Dropbox account and shared a link to you (help@LeisterPro.com) as per the instructions.
                              Harry

Comment

Working...
                              X