This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zip disk backups from PC to Reunion 11?

I have taken a lengthy hiatus from research while educating a gdaughter. We also went from pc to Mac but never purchased ftm for Mac. Must I have ftm to view and transfer my documents to Reunion? Fortunately, much of my work was handwritten and I still have it.

Re: Zip disk backups from PC to Reunion 11?

Originally posted by I Chapman View Post
    I have taken a lengthy hiatus from research while educating a gdaughter. We also went from pc to Mac but never purchased ftm for Mac. Must I have ftm to view and transfer my documents to Reunion? Fortunately, much of my work was handwritten and I still have it.
    Others will correct me if I am wrong, but a GEDCOM file produced by FTM on a PC will transfer to Reunion on a Mac. Check out the Reunion website for details on transferring. There may be some intricacies that need attending to.
    Robin
    Victoria, Australia

Comment

Re: Zip disk backups from PC to Reunion 11?

Sounds like maybe Chapman has FTM files on a Zip disk. Getting the files from the Zip disk may require locating an older Mac running probably Snow Leopard or older. I think newer OS's won't recognize the Zip. And, if memory serves, the Zip drives connected with FireWire. Some models may have had USB also.

Once the files are extracted, if they are older PC FTM files, then they will need to be opened in FTM on a PC in order to create GEDCOM files. If they were saved in GEDCOM format, Chapman is one lucky person.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
      X