X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map Ideas

Hello,
    I am trying to show a map with a marked path from Sasebo Japan, to Eniwetok Atoll, to Pearl Harbor, to Guam. Any ideas without buying expensive map software?
    Thanks,
    Frank
    Frank Zwolinski
    Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
    MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Re: Map Ideas

Preview is on every Mac.. Open item with Preview and click on the Toolbox icon. Click on the Shapes icon in the now visible tool bar. One of the choices is a standard arrow. You can control the thickness and color with the obvious tools further to the right.

And your wallet didn't get any skinnier!
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Preview is on every Mac.. Open item with Preview and click on the Toolbox icon. Click on the Shapes icon in the now visible tool bar. One of the choices is a standard arrow. You can control the thickness and color with the obvious tools further to the right.

And your wallet didn't get any skinnier!
      Thanks Bob!
      Frank
      Frank Zwolinski
      Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
      MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

You might try importing the affected individuals into MyHeritage, which has created a new map that shows where your people have migrated. I've just looked at it and not played around with it yet, but it looks encouraging. You can do this with a free account of up to 200 individuals.

Hope this helps.

Lynda

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Zwolinski View Post
          Hello,
          I am trying to show a map with a marked path from Sasebo Japan, to Eniwetok Atoll, to Pearl Harbor, to Guam. Any ideas without buying expensive map software?
          Thanks,
          Frank
          You might look at Google Earth. I haven't used it for awhile but, I keep hearing that it just keeps getting better and better.

You can check Lisa Louise Cooke's website, lisalouisecooke.com, for links to videos about using Google Earth. Many of her videos are also on YouTube.

HTH,
          Kaye
          Kaye Mushalik
          -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
          -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
          -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
          X