This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source numbering order

I am using Reunion 10 and for my word processor, Pages ’09. If I have more than one source for a person’s event, fact, etc. and sort the numbering of the sources numerically (in Reunion) and then print out a report, then some of the sources for events that have more than one source are are not listed numerically.

For example, burial sources for a person are in numerical order in Reunion, i.e. 21, 52. In reports burial sources are 52, 21.

I would think that the order in both Reunion and the reports would be numerical, unless I’m missing something.
    Last edited by brcox1; 21 May 2016, 09:34 AM.

Re: Source numbering order

I am still looking for suggestions on this topic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
      For example, burial sources for a person are in numerical order in Reunion, i.e. 21, 52. In reports burial sources are 52, 21.
      By default, Reunion numbers citations in reports starting at #1 regardless of what source record number was used for that citation in your family file.

In the example that you provided, a close look at the report should reveal that the order of the cited source records has not changed -- the citations have been renumbered.

You do have some control over this in Reunion's Report Preferences. From Reunion's main menubar, choose Reunion -> Preferences / Reports / Sources. From the "Citation detail" popup menu, choose either "With Citations" or "Ignore" and the option to renumber sources will appear -- uncheck this option. This will use the source record number from your family file as the citation number in reports.

If you think you're seeing something else, please send us your family file and we can take a look to see what is going on.
      Gregg Witmer
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks so much!

Comment

I guess I should have been more specific. The order of the source numbers I mentioned, is not in the list of sources at the end of the register reports. It is the numbering after each event for a specific individual or couple. For instance, in the following -- the 118,3, after her death date and age, are the source numbers. I would think those would appear in numerical order (3, 118). They appear in numerical order in my data file.

571. Rebecca BARWICK (Druzilla “Drucilla” SIDDENS5, Sarah Ann COFFMAN4, Jacob3, Abraham2, Jacob1). Rebecca died on 10 Feb 1870; she was <1.118,3 age 6 months.

Comment

Working...
          X