This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report for research notes

Which report would be suitable that will show only records that have data entered in research notes field? I know where to adjust the layout (check/uncheck what fields to include).

Preferably, column based:

Name Research Note
    Reunion 11.0.7, Mac OS 10.10.3

Re: Report for research notes

Although there are some limitations, as explained below, this may be what you’re looking for:

Select the Find panel from the left navbar. Make sure to select “People” under “Look for…” For Conditions, select Notes and then select the subcategory “Research.” For the operator of the Find, select “Is Not” and then make sure the last field is completely empty of text. Click on Find.

You should now have a Results sidebar on the right. At the top you will see how many people it found with non-blank Research Notes fields.

Click on the List Window icon at the bottom of the Results sidebar (looks like two overlapping rectangles). This will open up the results list to its own window. Now what you can do is select which data fields should be displayed for each person in the list. I’m not sure what it defaults to, but mine normally shows Last Name, First & Mid Name, Birth Date, Birth Place. Using the blue icon to the right of each column header, you can select different fields. So in your case, you could change the right-most field to be the Notes>Research field. If you need more columns than what you started with, that can be changed using the icon at the bottom that looks like a yellow spreadsheet. Clearly in this format you will not be able to see the entire text of the Research notes. Click on the “Share” icon (rightmost at bottom of List window) and set your destination to your preferred word processor (e.g., LibreOffice). This will display more of the Research notes text, but it still is limited to the first 400 characters.

If you also have research notes associated with Couples, you should be able to repeat this procedure after changing the “Look for…” to “Couples” in the Find panel.
    Bruce Winton Christopher
    Environment: Reunion 14 build 240325; macOS 10.15.7
    bruce@bwchristopher.com

Comment

Re: Report for research notes

Thank you for that solution. That worked for my needs.
      Reunion 11.0.7, Mac OS 10.10.3

Comment

Working...
      X