X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places - how to delete unused

Hi

I have a place name that is no longer in use by any family member in my tree - how do I delete this place name? There doesn't seem to be any delete button - even when the Usage is showing as none.
    Liz Mac
    New Zealand

Genealogy - where you confuse the dead and irritate the living!!

Re: Places - how to delete unused

Originally posted by BeppieChick View Post
    Hi

I have a place name that is no longer in use by any family member in my tree - how do I delete this place name? There doesn't seem to be any delete button - even when the Usage is showing as none.
    Do you really have a place name in the Places list that has no usage?

I have found that if I remove the usage of a name in the Places list, that place name disappears from the list. I have nothing in the Places list that has no usage.

Hope this helps.
    John Bastin
    jbastin1@me.com
    Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher
    Mac OS X 10.13.4, Reunion 12.0 (Build 180502) 64-bit

Comment

The Places sidebar should only list places that are being used in your family file -- if the place in question is not being used anywhere, then you may need to rebuild cache files using:

File -> Rebuild Cache Files...

If the place still remains in the Places sidebar after rebuilding cache files, and when you select it in the Places sidebar the usage list at the bottom of that sidebar indicates it's not being used anywhere, then you should send the file family to us so that we can look into the issue further.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by jbastin View Post
        Do you really have a place name in the Places list that has no usage?

I have found that if I remove the usage of a name in the Places list, that place name disappears from the list. I have nothing in the Places list that has no usage.

Hope this helps.
        Hi John

Yes, that used to happen in Reunion 9, but not this one. I have replied to Mark also on this.

Liz
        Liz Mac
        New Zealand

Comment

Places - how to delete unused

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          The Places sidebar should only list places that are being used in your family file -- if the place in question is not being used anywhere, then you may need to rebuild cache files using:

If the place still remains in the Places sidebar after rebuilding cache files, and when you select it in the Places sidebar the usage list at the bottom of that sidebar indicates it's not being used anywhere, then you should send the file family to us so that we can look into the issue further.

HTH
          Hi Mark

I rebuilt the cache files already, but just in case, I did it again today. No change. I have taken a screen shot to show you what I see. I even did a find on this place (being only one of the many places in my list that have no usage) and it didn't come up. I am in the process of uploading my family file into Dropbox for you to see what the problem is.

Cheers and thanks
          Liz
          Attached Files
          Liz Mac
          New Zealand

Comment

HTH
            Hi Mark

Did you get the Dropbox file?
            Liz Mac
            New Zealand

Comment

Yes, I received the file. I'll get back to you via email after I've taken a look at the issue.
              Mark Harrison
              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Yes, I received the file. I'll get back to you via email after I've taken a look at the issue.
                What was the outcome of this? I have the same problem.
                Tom Boyd
                boydroots.net

Comment

Originally posted by thboyd View Post
                  What was the outcome of this? I have the same problem.
                  Hi

I had to send my file in and they fixed it for me. A reason wasn't found as to why, but I was happy to have it fixed. I had done a lot of deleting of people just before this happened, but who really knows.

Liz
                  Liz Mac
                  New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                  X