X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 11, Reuniontouch & Dropbox...

Hi there.

I've just downloaded ReunionTouch & Dropbox (2 x apps, one to my phone and one to my Mac)

Am I right in saying all I basically do is "Export" my FamilyFile to Dropbox, then open ReunionTouch and allow it to access Dropbox to download and view my FamilyFile...???

I have done this, and find that the "buttons" on the top of ReunionTouch, such as Home, People and Tools, are very difficult to use in respect of poor responses...

Is it something I'm doing wrong...?

Also, wasn't there an easier way of doing this, such as the "synch" capabilities that Heredis has, allowing direct synch from phone to Mac without the need of a third party...???

Dougie.
    Last edited by Douglas McMann; 25 February 2016, 01:10 PM.
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!

Re: Reunion 11, Reuniontouch & Dropbox...

Hi Dougie,

Originally posted by Douglas McMann View Post
    Am I right in saying all I basically do is "Export" my FamilyFile to Dropbox, then open ReunionTouch and allow it to access Dropbox to download and view my FamilyFile...???
    You don't want to "Export" your family file to Dropbox, you want to move it to Dropbox, as outlined in this video and these text instructions.

I have done this, and find that the "buttons" on the top of ReunionTouch, such as Home, People and Tools, are very difficult to use in respect of poor responses...
    How many people are in your family file?

Also, wasn't there an easier way of doing this ... allowing direct synch from phone to Mac without the need of a third party...???
    Reunion 9 and 10 synced with the respective iOS apps over WiFi. However, problems with this method became one of the most common technical support issues we handled. After looking into other, less problematic and more reliable options we found that syncing via Dropbox was the best method (and was also requested by many of our users). As such, with Reunion 11 and ReunionTouch we switched to using Dropbox for syncing.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks for that Mark...got it now...

Buttons along the top still a bit unresponsive...1410 persons on my tree...

Dougie.
      Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!

Comment

1410 entries seems a bit small to cause any unresponsiveness in the interface.

If you hide the sidebar (using the icon at top-left of the screen), does that improve the responsiveness of the other icons?

Thanks,
        Mark Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          1410 entries seems a bit small to cause any unresponsiveness in the interface.

If you hide the sidebar (using the icon at top-left of the screen), does that improve the responsiveness of the other icons?

Thanks,
          Mark,

I'm talking about ReunionTouch on my phone...the menu bar at the top is not very responsive when I use the "Home" and the "Hammer" icon...

Dougie.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas McMann View Post
            I'm talking about ReunionTouch on my phone....
            Ok, my mistake -- in that case I'm not sure what would cause the unresponsiveness.

Which iPhone are you using?
            Mark Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              Ok, my mistake -- in that case I'm not sure what would cause the unresponsiveness.

Which iPhone are you using?
              iPhone 5s...

The unresponsive buttons are like this when the screen rotates too...so not sure what the issue is.

With the hammer icon, I've to tap it vigorously a few times to get it to work.

However, I think I can use the app without having too many issues, given I only really want it to check on details when out and about, scrambling through graveyards and such...:-)

Comment

Have you tried using your pinky finger? It is sometimes difficult with those close to the edge button vs. large fingertips.

Or a stylus? Another possibility: Do you have long fingernails? If so and that is what is contacting the buttons, that is the problem as the capacitive screen doesn't react (or reacts very lethargically) to hard objects.

It is very common for ladies with long nails and guys with highly callused hands to have touch problems. Anyway, some ideas for you to explore.
                Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
                X