This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drag and drop of census images from Ancestry

In the Reunion FAQ on the Leisterpro.com Web site, there is a section on moving your tree from Ancestry into Reunion. In about the middle of the page, it states:

"If you locate an image (such as a census record) on Ancestry.com and want to add that image to somebody in Reunion, it's a simple matter of dragging-and-dropping the full-res image from the web page on Ancestry.com onto a person's button in Reunion. By doing this, Reunion will download and save a copy of the image file and create a link from the person to the image file."

I have tried to drag the census image many times and it just moves the image off the screen (so you can no longer see most of it), and I have never been able to "drag and drop" it to the person's button.

What am I doing wrong? I'm not a novice at Reunion (although I don't likely use many of its more advanced features) and I am very familiar with dragging and dropping.

Do I first have to download the image? That isn't as much of a time saver as that statement leads me to believe. But again, I must be missing something?? I know this community can tell me what I'm doing wrong. (BTW: I did try to search the ReunionTalk archives, but didn't find this specific issue addressed. Hope I didn't somehow miss it.]

Regards,

Vicki
    Vicki Hanrahan Ainslie
    Decatur, Georgia

Re: drag and drop of census images from Ancestry

Somewhere along the way, I suppose this option changed.

Ancestry still lets you drag and drop full-res photos uploaded by members, but not full-res census images.

With Ancestry's current census viewer, it looks like they require that you click the Tools button, along the upper-right side of the census image, and then select the Download option.

If you're using Safari, for example, this will put the image file into your Downloads folder.

Then you can open and rename or relocate the image and link it to a person, family, or source record in Reunion (via drag-and-drop).

Sorry for the confusion; we updated the FAQ page.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X