This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islands - How to specify folks

Lets start with a very basic question - How do specify the people that should be "on an island?" Lets say I want all the descendants of a person/couple to be on an Island so I can locate them quickly while working on that part of a tree.

Re: Islands - I am Lost - How specify folks

You've apparently asked a question about Reunion 11 in the Reunion 10 forum?

(Are you using Reunion 11?)

Anyhow, that's not how Islands work.

An Island is a group of connected people, who are not connected to other groups of connected people in your database. You can't directly choose who is on an island as you're suggesting since it's their connection to others in your database that determines that.

It sounds like you perhaps want to have some Marked Sets saved so you can easily isolate various groups of people in your database.

Search the manual Contents for "Island" to find out about the first, and "Marked Set" to find out about the second.

Roger
    Roger Moffat
    http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
    http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Re: Islands - I am Lost - How specify folks

Originally posted by mckinney3 View Post
      Lets start with a very basic question - How do specify the people that should be "on an island?" Lets say I want all the descendants of a person/couple to be on an Island so I can locate them quickly while working on that part of a tree.
      You don't specify. Islands are groups of all the people connected to one another. If they're connected, they are an island. By definition, all descendants of a couple, along with all the other people they are connected to, would be an island. People not connected to them would be in other islands.
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
      X