This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did my sources go?

Yesterday I finished entering my information for my GG grandfather. I entered his military info into the Military Notes field, and at the bottom of that screen, I attached the 4 sources I have for his military.

This morning, the note remains, all 4 sources are gone. I selected the source in the side bar, right clicked it and chose "show usage of source" and it's not connected to anything.

???????

My noted appears as follows, with the source numbers still visible.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tinksquared; 29 December 2015, 07:29 AM.

Re: Where did my sources go?

If you double click any of the purple numbers after the blocks of text to highlight the number, you should see the source listed at the bottom of the screen.
    Attached Files
    Roger Moffat
    http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
    http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

I do... but if I then right click that source number from the source list and select, show usage of source#, it says no citations found for that source, and yet it's clearly used in my notes field as a source.

Comment

Originally posted by tinksquared View Post
        ...it says no citations found for that source, and yet it's clearly used in my notes field as a source.
        It looks like you found a bug.

Source citations in notes fields that follow a comma are not being found by the "Show Usage of Source #" feature. I would guess that source #34 and #45 are being found since they are not followed by a comma.

This will be corrected in the Reunion 11.0.8 maintenance update.

Thanks for the details.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Source citations in notes fields that follow a comma are not being found by the "Show Usage of Source #" feature. I would guess that source #34 and #45 are being found since they are not followed by a comma.

Thanks for the details.
          1 - Gregg's comment should be "#34 and #45 are being found since they don't follow a comma" (i.e. they are the first ones in the list)?

2 - in my file I can't duplicate this for a person who already had 2 sources attached to a note (from several/many Reunion versions ago). If I do show the usage of this source, the person was shown in the list for both sources (sources that were used for multiple people as it turns out).

But once I added another Source that was already in my file, and used only once previously - so it was now used twice, and the note now has 3 sources with 2 commas - doing source usage on the newly added one showed only the original usage and not the newly added usage.

And adding a 4th source that was not used anywhere already does reveal the message as described above that no citations to this source are found.

Roger
          Roger Moffat
          http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
          http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Thanks for the details.
            wow you are correct Gregg! those 2 do appear. Thanks for fixing it in a future update!

Comment

Originally posted by theKiwi View Post
              1 - Gregg's comment should be "#34 and #45 are being found since they don't follow a comma" (i.e. they are the first ones in the list)?
              Good catch.

I meant to say "not following a comma" instead of "not followed by a comma".

Thanks Roger.
              Gregg Witmer
              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Good catch.

I meant to say "not following a comma" instead of "not followed by a comma".

Thanks Roger.
                I got what you meant

Comment

Working...
                X