This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character set problems

I have been using Reunion for quite a while and the character sets have worked as long as I set Windows when exporting GEDCOMs to upload to TNG. Recently (not sure when) quotes and apostrophes and such have been garbled in TNG. I checked my settings, they were as follows:

Reunion GEDCOM Export = Windows
    TNG character set = ISO something or other
    phpMyAdmin on cPanel = UTF-8

This had always worked fine - until now. I can't imagine which of the three things above could have changed.

So, I tried changing everything to UTF-8 to match the cPanel database collation. But I'm still seeing garbage in my NOTES fields on the TNG web pages.

What gives? Does TNG need a server restart to pick up the character set change or something?

P.S. I flushed the browser cache (in fact I deleted Safari's cache files) before checking.

P.P.S. One more tidbit of info - I'm back-leveled on TNG. I'm running 9.2.1 - could that have anything to do with it? (what can I say? I'm lazy and TNG 9 works fine for me)
    Last edited by donworth; 22 December 2015, 02:49 PM.

Re: Character set problems

In the immortal words of Roseanne Roseannadanna... "Never mind"

I changed TNG's "Language Folder" to "English-UTF8" instead of "English" (even though I had already changed the Character Set box to "UTF-8"). Then I deleted the cache, reloaded Safari, and re-uploaded the UTF-8 GEDCOM. And it worked! Yay!

Comment

Working...
    X