This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually Edit Relationships?

I have just confirmed that an ancestor's child was adopted. I want to manually edit the relationship field of that child's descendants so that they do not show up as biologically related. Is this possible?

Re: Manually Edit Relationships?

You can set the child status to: Adopted. If you search child status in the manual it will tell you how to do that.

You can also change the family name of the child to match the birth parents' name if you know it; it does not have to be the same as the adopted parents' family name.

David
    Gilbert - Fulcher - Hackney - Harvey - Holmes - Hall
    in Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, and beyond.

Comment

Click on the marriage info above the parents, then click the Children tab. From there, you can select a status from the dropdown list.

Comment

Originally posted by gilbertdh View Post
        You can set the child status to: Adopted. If you search child status in the manual it will tell you how to do that.

You can also change the family name of the child to match the birth parents' name if you know it; it does not have to be the same as the adopted parents' family name.

David
        I have set the child's status to adopted. The trouble is, she and her descendants all have a relationship to me that I want to delete. I am not really related biologically.

David

Comment

Originally posted by gallienus View Post
          I have set the child's status to adopted. The trouble is, she and her descendants all have a relationship to me that I want to delete. I am not really related biologically.
          Give her (I'll call her Greta) a set of biological parents (in addition to the adoptive ones). If you don't know their names, use something else ("Biological father of Greta", "Biological mother of Greta"). Set Greta's preferred set of parents to the biological ones. Recalculate the "Relationships".
          Dennis J. Cunniff
          Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
          X